Monday 4 November 2019

Rugby Fever, Hair and Family

Good morning one and all, I hope everyone is well and ready for the new week.  Right now in BB it is a bright sunny day with a very brisk South Easter blowing, great for getting the washing dry, but an acrobatic task to get it hung up..... Yaaay.  Well what a weekend for South Africa with our Rugby team winning the Rugby World Cup, what a match, as well as two other Rugby awards.  Hubby and I had booked at Glen Craig again to watch it as did many of the same people as last week, at one point in the match the entire room were on their feet, the shouts, the groans and whoops were amazing.  Well done Bokke your brought a unity to our country that has been desperately needed, I pray that it will continue.  Thank you for being such wonderful ambassadors of South Africa.  I think the entire country is still celebrating and riding the wave of euphoria.

Apart from Saturday's excitement we had a fairly normal week, I had a marathon five hour session at the hairdresser, M you are an angel, in my 'next step' to lightening my hair, not an  easy task I might add. I was really surprised when we had done the colour stripping part to see just how much ginger/red is in my hair, I've always known there's a lot of red, but not THAT much haha.  I actually messaged BigBear and said that any possible future ginger grandchildren I take 50% responsibility for as he was born a true strawberry blonde and his dad was blonde. Anyway thanks to an awesome hairdresser and five hours later I emerged with considerably lighter hair and can say I am probably about 60 % towards my goal of being lighter and not yet ready to embrace my grey.
Of course no surprise that my hairdressing session left me pretty wiped out for most of the week grrrrr.  Hubby has a constant stream of clocks and watches coming in and since his car repair abilities have become more widely known he is also getting call outs on broken down vehicles.  He is currently busy working on one that 'died' on Saturday during the rugby and was towed to our house later that afternoon although, I do feel sorry for him as he has to work on them outside and therefore the elements play a big role in when he can do it.  

The family are all doing well, Poppet is working hard, Princess is still writing exams which appear to be going well, the "Bears" are recovering from their Europe trip and getting back into the swing of things.  Big Guy is actively looking for work and enjoying a normal life for the first time in twelve years.  Miss Muffet and family spent five days in Malorca, Spain and are now safely home, and Jelly Bean is finally winning her 'war' over sinusitis which has dogged her for a month.
My gorgeous little Zeepha turned a whole one years old on Friday and is still only 2.4 kg, the way she eats she should easily weigh 6 kg hehe.  Her all time favourite thing is FOOD, then hiding or sleeping In a box or basket - anything with sides, hiding in a big brown paper bag and waiting for someone or Jasper to walk past and then jumping out, and, let's not forget when she gets the zoomies and gallops around the house, climbing up the back of the wardrobe etc.  There is never a dull moment I can assure you.  Yesterday she was hiding in the paper bag and Jelly Bean came into the room, I could see that she was waiting and listening to JB approaching then, it all went wrong.  Shame I felt so bad, Jelly Bean sneaked up so quietly that Zeepha clearly didn't realize how close she was, so when she reached down to touch the bag Zeepha got the biggest fright and all chaos ensued, she was very wary of the bag for about an hour afterwards.  See video below.

Well folks, that's it for this week, I am going to try a new rusk recipe as well as a new method of doing my nails, so wish me luck.  I pray you all have a blessed week, please continue to share love and kindness to those you come in contact with, let's keep the unity going.  Stay safe this week, ciao ciao 

Zeepha is the star this week 




2 comments:

Er Ravi Gupta said...

This article is very helpful for me… Thank you

My Life's Winding Roads said...

Hi, I am so glad that something I said was of help to you, it makes this all the more worthwhile.
My deepest apologies for not replying sooner, there was an unticked option which did not show any comments that came through, not being a techno buff I was totally unaware.

Stay well and stay safe.