Monday 18 February 2019

New endeavors.

Good morning everyone, every day that passes brings me closer to winter and so far the main thing keeping me sane is the fresh South Easter that comes off the sea, it's been hot and for me a very long summer haha.

Well there has been so much happening it's a case of where to start.  After finishing the design of our 'enclosed deck' my extremely talented Hubby went off to town, list in hand and bought the first amount of timber needed.  This is going to be SO exciting to see go up and much more so to have the extra space.  Currently our deck is a 6m X 5.5m open  space which we plan on enclosing with glass and then putting in an L- shaped bench with storage underneath, maximizing  our space to the fullest and keeping our view, wooohooo.  So, apart from the watches, clocks and normal day to day things that's the big project currently underway although how he/we are going to lift the 6m roof beam remains a mystery to me.

On my side of things I've had a productive week.  After having being told by my  Nail Technician that she did not want to do my nails in case "I infected her and her other clients", and this long after the Dr cleared me and after being with her for more than 2 1/2 years, I decided that I will learn to do them myself.  I already had the correct lamp, purchased the necessary extras and on Thursday my 'private salon' opened LOL.  I will admit that it took me the whole day but the end result is fabulous and looks no different to a professional overlay.  So, no more having to rely on someone else, waiting for an appointment, saving a ton of money and no judgement.
On Saturday I took another chance and made my first ever jam,  we had some plums that hadn't been eaten and I saw a recipe in my Bread Machine book so quite literally 1,2,3 and put it all in, left it to cook and voila we have a super yummy plum/tangerine chunky jam.  I could not believe how simple it was - one adjustment for future making though will be less sugar, I cut the sugar by 200gm and added a squeeze of lemon juice but it is still just that little bit too sweet for us.  I am super chuffed with the result.  At the same time I restocked the rusk tin and baked a wholewheat bread (also a new, easy recipe plus it's not baked in the machine) which was a total hit as well, so I am figuring it was a good week for new endeavours.

Poppet and Princess took delivery of their new car which they love, Big Guy worked too hard and is counting the weeks until his overseas holiday.  BigBear flew up to Johannesburg to spend most of the week and Valentines with his gorgeous wife and Miss Muffet landed this morning in Cape Town for a quick visit as her Nana has been unwell and she wants to spend some time with her, we are praying for a full speedy  recovery for Nana. Jelly Bean wasn't well but seems to be doing better and I am pushing through the current flare with all the above distractions.

Little Zeepha has had quite a growth spurt and actually topped the 1 kg mark, she now weighs a whopping 1.060 kg at the ripe 'old' age of 4 months haha.  This little treasure just keeps getting cuter and sweeter by the day.  In her opinion everything I eat is rightfully hers as well as her food of course, she has found ways of getting up onto the kitchen counters and that means I have to use the island counter to keep food safe, she has even developed a taste for popcorn and will squeak to let you know it's time to give her something.  Despite this obsession with food her favourite time of day is still her 9pm syringe of diluted kitten milk which just puts her into pure heaven.

Folks that's it for this week, I want to leave you with this thought.  I saw a Facebook  post yesterday that was addressed to husbands the title of which was 'Ten ways to kill your wife's love'. It is an excellent read and got me thinking about how once people settle down into marriage all 'courting and the little extras' seem to fall by the wayside.  I really believe we should never stop courting our spouse, ladies do you still put make up on if it's just the two of you, do you still make little treats for your husband, surprise him with a coffe date etc?  Husbands do you still make an effort to look and smell good, open the car door, buy her flowers, take her on a coffee / dinner date, surprise her etc?  Something to think about and perhaps put into practise ????  Ciao ciao and please stay safe.

Little Zeepha sunning herself on the kitchen counter 

The beginnings of our enclosed deck.




No comments: